Monthly Archives: May 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Please find a compensation plan which was agreed upon by Local 234. We wanted to ensure that SAM was afforded the same compensation that the hourly employees were receiving.
We at Local 290 continue to fight for hazard pay for the front line supervisors who are present every day to make sure that things run smoothly.
We hope that all of you continue to take steps to protect yourselves by practicing social distancing, wearing masks, and washing your hands frequently, and that you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. Please pray for the families and friends of our co-workers who have lost their lives to this pandemic.
We will continue to keep you updated as soon as we have any new information.
Craig V. Holmes
Guidelines for COVID-19 Attendance Recognition Paid Personal Leave
To be eligible for the special paid leave:
- Employee must report on-site for the entire period and not telework
- Employee must work a 40 hour schedule for the entire period
- Employee must have perfect attendance and actually work any given 40 hour workweek
An employee who meets above criteria 1 and 2 for the entire period of April 5 through May 16 can earn the following amounts of leave for each of week of perfect attendance:
- week of April 5 – April 11 – employee earns 8 hrs for perfect attendance (note – employees schedule off for Good Friday Holiday will not be disqualified for not working Friday, April 10)
- week of April 12 – April 18 – employee earns 8 hrs for perfect attendance
- week of April 19 – April 25 – employee earns 4 hrs for perfect attendance
- week of April 26 – May 2 – employee earns 4 hrs for perfect attendance
- week of May 3 – May 9 – employee earns 4 hrs for perfect attendance
- week of May 10 – May 16 – employee earns 4 hrs for perfect attendance
Maximum hours any employee can earn for entire April 5 through May 16 period = 32 hours
Perfect Attendance – employee worked their entire 40 hour work week and was not absent for any reason other then above refenced Good Friday Holiday on April 10, 2020
The paid leave:
- should be recorded in separate “Covid-19 Attendance Recognition Leave” bank / spreadsheet
- Must be used by June 30, 2021
- May be used in blocks of no less than 4 hours
- Must be requested by the employee no less than 48 hours in advance
- May only be used at a time agreeable to the employee and the Authority
- When used should be coded for pay purposes as Personal Time (Work Order #77039)
- Once used, time should be deducted from employee’s “Covid-19 Attendance Recognition Leave” bank / spreadsheet